About Certain Music
Maestro Certain began studying the Violin at age 2 - he was privileged to begin his Violin studies after his 'initial' Study Session with Dr. Suzuki himself at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. Dr. Suzuki happened to be in Dallas as a guest Professor of Violin in December of 1964. After the Study Session with Dr. Suzuki, he 'highly suggested' to Mrs. Certain," that young Rand begin Private Violin Instruction immediately!!". Thus began Maestro Certain's 19 year Violin & Piano training under the instruction of Mr. & Mrs. Franklin Washburn of Dallas, Texas (University Park).
Maestro Certain received instruction from the following respected teachers:
* Franklin Washburn - Mr. Washburn studied with Ivan Galamian. In the early 1960's, Mr. Washburn created the Dallas Junior Honors Orchestra, as well as teaching the violin privately for more than 40 years. Maestro Certain studied with Mr. Washburn for 19 years, prior to attending the Hurley School of Music at Centenary College in Shreveport, La. on a full violin performance scholarship.
* Laura Crawford - Mrs. Crawford is the founder and director of the Centenary Suzuki School. She is also on the faculty of Centenary College where she teaches violin, chamber music, string methods, and string pedagogy.
* Samuel Applebaum - Mr. Applebaum was a noted and enthusiastic teacher of the violin. He wrote a number of respected books on violin instruction.
* Yehudi Menuhin - Baron Menuhin was an American violinist and conductor who spent most of his performing career in the United Kingdom. Yehudi Menuhin had one of the longest and most distinguished careers of any violinist of the twentieth century. By the age of seven his performance of Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto had found him instant fame. As a teenager he toured throughout the world and was considered one of the greats long before his twentieth birthday.
Maestro Certain attended the following:
* Centenary College-Hurley School of Music
* Oklahoma State University
* Interlochen Michigan
Maestro Certain has performed with the following orchestras:
* Richardson Symphony
* East Texas Symphony
* Marshall Symphony
* Shreveport Symphony
Maestro Certain has performed with...
* Violinist Itzaak Perlman
* Fiddlin' Frenchie Burk
* Chubby Wise
* Randy Travis
Copyright © 2010 Certain Music. All Rights Reserved. Designed by txwebsolutions.com.